The total population of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, according to data from 2013, is 286.257 inhabitants spread over 5 provinces. 52.6% of this population consists of men while 47.4%, are women.
Distribution of the population throughout the five provinces;
The population is distributed over 5 provinces as described below;
1. Nicosia (94.824 inhabitants)
2. Kyrenia (69.741 inhabitants)
3. Famagusta (69.741 inhabitants)
4. Güzelyurt (30.037 inhabitants)
5. İskele (22.492 inhabitants)
**** 77.8% of the total population of Northern Cyprus lives in the larger urban centers of the provinces while 28.6% in villages and towns.